It’s a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together.
This is what happened with me. I have always been passionate about helping people. I have always had a desire about doing something that “Makes a Difference” in people’s life.
After having worked in the corporate world for 20 years, I realised it was time for a change. When I reflected on my life and considered the times I had enjoyed most, I realised it was the time I had spent bringing up my children. I enjoyed overcoming the challenges I had faced as a parent, and have achieved so much with them that I wanted to share these skills with others. Friends would frequently as me to help them come up with solutions to their parenting problems and I always seemed to be able to help.
A career working with children made sense as the next step forward in life.
NLP ( Neuro Linguistic Programming) can work very well with quick results when working with a child that finds himself/herself in this type of negative cycle. I help uncovering the root cause for the behaviour and to give him or her positive tools in how to deal with the cause of the fear or anger.
Hypnotherapy for children and young people is considered both effective and safe. Children tend to respond very well to hypnotherapy as they are naturally quite imaginative and use their imagination a great deal more than adults do. Hypnotherapy can help address a number of issues commonly experienced in childhood, including exam stress, sleep problems, bed-wetting, confidence, low self-esteem and phobias.
As children grow older and life gets more complex they may get anxious and start feeling stressed. They may experience difficulty in school, in making friends or lack confidence.
Habits and ticks are as common in children as they can be with adults. Children may suffer from nervous ticks, bed-wetting and nail-biting.
Exam stress is something that is on the rise but the good news is that teaching children to be relaxed and confident in their exams can make a huge difference to their self-esteem and their exam results.
Children find that the sessions are very relaxing and fun. They learn about how the brain works and this knowledge enables them to deal with anxiety, anger and stress in a positive way and to find strategies on how to react differently.
Children are very open minded and it is much easier for them to use their imagination to focus on positive goals. Sessions are tailored to suit the individual child’s or young person’s age and needs.
I use NLP or a combination of NLP and Hypnotherapy.
The sessions with younger children will be shorter (around 30-45 minutes) which will be reflected in a reduced fee.
I help children with
- Challenging Behaviour
- Improve confidence
- Overcome Anxiety
- Overcome Sleep Issues
- Managing Anger
- Increase Motivation Levels
- Fears & Phobias
- Coping with Exam Stress
- Improve Concentration
- Selective Mutism
- Dealing with Parents Divorce
It’s important that both you and your child receive the right support no matter what the challenge is.
Please contact me for a no Obligation Consultation. You can book here
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Diploma in Stress Management and Resilience Building
- Certified NLP Master Practitioner
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified NLP Practitioner Hypnotherapy4Kids
- Certified NLP4Parents
- Certified NLP4Kids Licenced Practitioner
- Certified Master Practitioner Time Line Therapy
- Certified Master Practitioner in Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Certified NLP Master Coach
- Certification in Working with Selective Mutism: Children & Adolescents
- Certificate in Body Language
- Diploma in Gastric Band Hypnotherapy
- CPD Certificate in Pain Management for Hypnotherapists
- Smoking Cessation Masterclass
- CPD Certification in CBT Assessment and Conceptualisation
- Level 3 Diploma in Child Psychology
- Diploma in Professional Counselling
- Certificate in Panic Disorders
- CPD Certificate in Introduction to Eating Disorder
- Certificate in working with Insomnia
- Hypno-Oncology Certification
- Certificate in Drawing and Talking Therapy
- Menopause Relief Programme certification
- Additional Certificate in Menopause Training
- Diploma in Mindfulness
- CPD Certificate in Best Practice for delivering Remote Interventions
Grief and Bereavement Counselling Diploma
I am registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and also the CNHC. CNHC was set up with government support to protect the public by providing a UK voluntary register of complementary health practitioners. CNHC’s register is also approved as an Accredited Register by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
- I am a GHR Acknowledged Supervisor
- I also have an enhanced DBS and have Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Alongside my Private Practice I Coach students at UKCHH ( UK college of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy) who are taking the Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy Course